9/28/11

Forget Me Not

So I finally got around to watching the General Relief Society Broadcast tonight. I know you're not supposed to have favorites but, come on, everyone does. Mine?

I. Love. Dieter. F. Uchtdorf. So. Much.

Every single point he made spoke to me, personally, and spoke to how I've been feeling and what I've been praying about.

1) Forget not to be patient with yourself.
2) Forget not that some sacrifices are better than others.
3) Forget not to be happy now.
4) Forget not the "why" of the gospel.
5) Forget not that the Lord loves you.

After three months of having one consistent desktop image (a record for me), I've changed it to forget-me-not's. I think I'll even print out these five points and tack it to my bulletin board.

Meanwhile, I love that, above the video there's this ticker down to General Conference on Saturday. It's even counting the seconds! It's so exciting!!

I was talking with my mother on the phone tonight and I was saying how there's really only one major thing left this week before it's smooth sailing until this refreshing breath of fresh air this weekend. I'm so excited. Which, now that I think about it, is really nice. Because lately I haven't been able to be excited about much of anything. But I really can be excited about General Conference. I can't wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment