1/31/12

Latest Obsession Award Goes To...

Anyone who follows my pinterest would know that my latest obsession is BBC's Sherlock.

Now here's the story. I have a couple friends on FB who are British at heart. They're sisters, so they're constantly posting on each others' walls. A lot of their posts are rather geeky. I'll admit, I love stalking them. But one of their things has been BBC's Sherlock. I've always loved Sherlock Holmes. Big fan of the Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law movies. I love the logic that Sherlock uses and I love bromance. Especially when it's banter-y bromance. But I was not interested by this show.

It's done by Moffat. I don't know if you remember this post. That's just one of the many problems I have with Moffat. All of my Moffat problems are Doctor Who related. Mainly, under RTD, Doctor Who was goofy and campy and just fun. Under Moffat it's all LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING TERRIFYING AND COMPLICATED AND JUST MAKE YOU FRUSTRATED. So I was avoiding Sherlock.

Last Monday I gave in. I was twelve minutes in and I was already hooked.

Since then I've watched the entire series. Twice. (Granted, it's only six episodes, but still.)

And I've also gotten four people on to it. So far. IN A WEEK.

It's brilliant. It's hilarious. It's dark. It's smart. Every single actor in there is not only gorgeous but incredibly talented. (I mean, Martin Freeman won a BAFTA. Yes.) The cinematography is wonderful. Sherlock is hauntingly gorgeous. Lestrade is downright handsome. Watson is made of rage and kittens. Moriarty is insanely sexy. I. Love. Them. All.

I also love the fandom. They're brilliant and hilarious.

I've found a home. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment