12/5/10

Of What Matters Most

First item of business, I promised you pictures...

Spanish...

Chinese...

Flowers...

Sugar Plum Fairy and Cavalier (he's not in costume yet)

Nutcracker!

My lovely husband and I...

After the Winter Ball...

Yeah, I'm insane. And I might point out I have no shoes on either...

As you can see, I had a fabulous, wonderful day. At the Winter Ball it sort of hit me how many beautiful friends I have. It's rather ridiculous! I love it.

The going out in the snow with no coat or shoes and taking pictures thing was completely spur of the moment. I couldn't believe I was doing it... I walked home with no shoes on and I'm pretty sure my panty hoes turned into ice. Literally. I haven't done something like that that's given me so much adrenaline in so long and it felt so good. The dance itself was a lot of fun with good people, beautiful people who I'm lucky enough to call my friends.
The Nutcracker was fabulous. It was the first Nutcracker I've seen that I actually appreciated the difficulty of what they're doing... Because I'm in Beginner Ballet and, though I don't know the full extent of it, I can still now see someone do some ridiculous lift or spin or something effortlessly and my jaw drops. You gotta love it.

These are the things that matter most in life.  Friends. Fun. Being on stage. Going to a dance. Dressing up. Doing something insane on the spur of the moment. Snow. Laughing. Dancing. Singing my heart out like there's no tomorrow. Getting snow shoved down my dress. Not many other things matter as much. At least not anything that happened today.

Hugs and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment