10/23/11

It's Okay

I short-circuited this weekend. Friday night, actually. I was completely fine and then I was getting in to bed and I just... seriously, short-circuited is the best way to describe it. Other than rehearsal on Saturday, I basically watched movies, tv shows and fooled around on pinterest all weekend.

But it's okay, you know? Despite the fact that I really should have been memorizing lines and working on a late project, it's okay. Because I'd been running around like a crazy person all week with barely a moment to breath, I think it's okay that I shut down for the weekend. I'll get back into it tomorrow, even if I don't feel like it. I'm rather forced to since there's classes and rehearsal.

I'm getting better with that mentality. The idea that you've done all you can, it's time to take a break now. Wednesday I was working on this project (the one that's now late) and it got to midnight and I said to myself "Self. You've been working all afternoon and night, taking a break only for rehearsal. It doesn't matter that you're not done, you can go to bed now." A year ago I would've felt completely guilty about that. I don't turn things in late! (Well, okay, in high school I did all the time, but I never do in college.) But this semester...

Strangely enough, I'd say I'm more busy than last fall when I was taking 19 credits, plus Institute, plus co-president of the show choir, plus a job.... This semester I'm taking 16.5 credits, plus Institute, plus the play, plus two jobs. Okay, now that I'm looking at that, maybe it's not strange. O.o

But despite this short-circuiting and being totally stressed out and really having to just take things one step at a time, I'm still actually better than I have been all semester. And, to be honest, I think it's partially because I am so busy. Of course, prayers have been answered and things have leveled out in various areas of my life, but being busy really helps me not think and worry too much.

...Though I am still looking forward to taking next semester off. It'll be nice to have a break

No comments:

Post a Comment