11/20/11

Twilight *shudders*

This was going to happen one day. It might as well happen today.

Before I start, let me be honest. Back before the fandom became huge, I liked the books. I enjoyed reading Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I was fully on Team Jacob. I may or may not have even written a couple of speculative fanfictions before Breaking Dawn came out (and thus completely ruined my like for the series). Stephenie Meyer is a good story-teller.

She is not, however, a good writer.

And, really, the story is lacking. And the characters are severely lacking. And don't even get me started on the movies. (I legitly went to the Eclipse midnight showing dressed as a Jedi. So I could point and laugh. Good times, man. Good times.)

Don't believe me? Check this out: Reasoning With Vampires. I'm still working my way through all of the posts, but I LOVE it. She points out things that are wrong with the grammar, things that just don't make much sense, things that are plain ridiculous, things that are wrong with structure, things that make her want to smack the characters, things that are rather awkward out of context, how Bella is the least observant character in the history of fiction... And it's soooo funny! One of my favorite posts:
*starts giggling incessantly*
Anyway... Also, another thing making fun of Twilight in a hilarious, wonderful way... Ever heard of How It Should Have Ended? If not, you're missing out on some good youtube-age. The comic book movie ones are WONDERFUL. Twilight, however, will always be my favorite.

"Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Don't talk. You're injured." The wonderful people behind these videos just released an extra scene... And I think it makes a very valid point.

Basically... Yeah. Twilight is dumb. And the people who think it's the most wonderful thing in the world need to read Harry Potter. Or The Hunger Games. Or Lord of the Rings. Or The Chronicles of Narnia. Or, the true antidote to Bella Swan's ridiculousness: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks. This book makes me feel very gruntled. :) And everyone should read it. Because it is truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment