12/20/11

2012 Cinema Excitement

Today a trailer was released. A trailer that made many fanboys and fangirls go nuts. They'd been waiting for it for a long time. Heck, even my dad had a grin on his face after watching it. And since this movie isn't coming out until the 14th of next December... and I already am totally geeking out about several movies coming out before then... I figured I'd just go through what movies I know of that are being released this coming year that I'm excited for. In order of release date...


"The Woman In Black". Okay, maybe I'm just excited because I'm interested to see Daniel Radcliffe without a lightning scar and glasses. But I'm still excited. And totally freaked out, too.


"The Lorax". Danny DeVito. Is the Lorax. With that knowledge alone I'm totally stoked for this movie. Also, judging by how amazing "Horton Hears A Who" was, I'm betting this one will be fun as well.


"The Hunger Games". My excitement cannot be fully expressed in any way, shape, or form. I'm already planning my costume for the huge midnight showing party I'm going to. I'm currently re-reading the trilogy. The only movie that has ever excited me more was HP7.2. And that's just barely.


"Avengers". Oops, I think my fangirl is showing. Holy crap, I'm soooooooo excited for this movie. I'm a huge fan of all of the Marvel movies since "Iron Man" (I went around for months, playing that movie on my iPod and trying to memorize it--judge me if you will) so getting to see them all put together... AHHH.


"Men In Black 3". I'm not sure if I would say "excited" is the right word for this one... But definitely optimistically curious. And definitely now wanting to re-watch the previous movies. But mostly the first one. LOVE.


"Brave". Since Disney gave up on the traditional princesses thing after "Tangled", I'm interested to see what they'll do with this. It could either be awful or it would be wonderful. I'm hoping for wonderful. :)


"The Amazing Spider-Man". I'm excited for this one if only because it's a hundred time more true to the comic books. Gwen instead of MJ. Him making his web-slingers rather than webs coming out of his wrists. And he actually looks like a high schooler!


"The Dark Knight Rises". I mean, obviously this is going to be amazing. Though, I'll admit, I'm still not sure how I feel about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. It's just weird. But it's Christopher Nolan, so I trust him. :D


And, finally, the trailer that inspired this post: "The Hobbit". Nerd-tastic, man. Nerd-tastic. What more can I say? Oh, I can say this... Holy goodness, dwarves, can I marry your voices?

No comments:

Post a Comment